18 Days!

Around my birthday last year (2017), I was getting pretty stir crazy and the need to travel was super strong.  I heard the Icefields Parkway mentioned a few times.  Also searched around on Google Flights map to see where some inexpensive destinations were.  Saw that Calgary AB Canada was pretty cheap!  Decided that was the next place I would go.  Started doing research and making lists of places to see while I was there.  Around Christmas, when I knew I would need a new furnace for my house, the flight cost was down to $380 - I booked it immediately.

Fast forward to now, I have had a spreadsheet made for months, mapped out all the possible hikes on Google Maps... I am almost all the way ready.

Yesterday I ordered about $500 worth of clothing and GPS device for geocaching.  Today I started a packing list.  It is insane!

I hope I am ready and packed a week out.

18 days.. by myself.. in another country... in the wilderness... what was I thinking?!?! ;)


Comments